Harris Govern provides integrated assessment and tax collection software packages to state and local governments, with a complete line of services and exceptional customer support. Harris Govern is part of Harris Computer Systems, a subsidiary of Constellation Software.
We are looking for 2 Data Conversion Analysts, to join our team to work closely with a group of talented Business Analysts and Technical Specialists, and report to the Professional Services Data Conversion Manager. In the key role of interpreting business rules and data, our customers will rely on your skills and knowledge to migrate data from various systems into any one of our three product lines.
Primary responsibilities include:
The chosen individuals will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Document customer data requirements and work with the project management team to determine out of scope items.
- Develop/test/execute data conversion routines within an established conversion framework in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain internal and customer-facing conversion documentation.
- Convert data from multiple data sources into Microsoft SQL Server.
- Create Complex T-SQL scripts with limited assistance
- Write and maintain automation scripts using Windows PowerShell.
- Verify data integrity and identify data cleanliness issues.
- Reconcile converted data to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with management.
- Develop good working relationships with departmental staff in order to troubleshoot technical and functional issues that may arise during the implementation process.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of experience in data conversion or a related field.
- Intermediate skills in MSSQL with the ability to create and edit complex queries and T-SQL scripts including dynamic SQL.
- Solid grasp of SET based coding methodology and relational database structures.
- Familiarity with a variety of database types and interfaces (Microsoft Access, Oracle, various text formats, ODBC, OLE DB).
- Experience with Windows PowerShell and source control software
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical thinking to resolve issues.
- Positive, proactive, take charge attitude and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines for multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge of product, interpret requirements, and recommend solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be coached and mentored and driven to reach your fullest potential.
- Understanding of general business and accounting principles and practices sufficient to manage accounting related data.
- Experience with local government applications, especially related to property tax assessment and collection, is a plus.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment