Smartrak delivers premium geospatial-based intelligence services to private, utility, government, public transport and emergency service organizations throughout Australasia. Smartraks purpose is to "empower people with insights so that distance doesnt matter.”
Smartrak has offices in Hamilton, New Zealand and Melbourne, Australia. The Position:
We are looking for Software Developer who will be responsible for designing, developing, installing, testing, and maintaining Smartrak internal and customer-facing software solutions.
The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute.
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing and maintaining .Net & C# based web applications.
- experience of cloud services using Microsoft Azure
- experience of using message querying library including RabbitMQ.
- previous experience of working with SQL Server with excellent SQL query writing
- Should be able to write unit tests, stubs and mock code which automatically validates the operation of solutions
- Should have strong knowledge of APIs
- Should be able to fix bugs and other issues discovered in Smartraks solutions
- Should have an understanding of Continuous Integration and deployment tools.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Should be able to meet and work in tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
Our benefits package includes:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code in timely manner
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes
- Follow Smartraks software development lifecycle processes
- Test products in controlled, and real situations before going live
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Fix bugs and other issues discovered in Smartraks solutions
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Perform field investigation and observation
- Investigate business, customer and technical problem areas
- Estimate effort and duration of development tasks
- Review and assess existing solutions to determine required changes to implement
- Identify the impact of requirements and design decisions
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Help other Smartrak teams to produce end user documentation.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment