Computer Solutions, founded in Miami Florida in 1978, and a division of Constellation Software Inc., is a full-service software development organization providing solutions for Multi-channel, Fulfillment, Catalog, and Mail Order companies. We specialize in providing Order Management, Catalog Management and Collaboration software for eCommerce, Catalog, and 3rd party Logistics companies, and anyone who needs a Web Store or back-end fulfillment software.
CSI Florida, a division of the FOG-Vela operating group of Constellation Software Inc., is looking to extend its Order Power enterprise softwares application support development capabilities at the Contour Software resource center.
ORDER POWER! order management software for the IBM System i does it all: fulfillment, catalog management, customer service, warehousing, accounting, manifesting, and more. The ORDER POWER! Web Store provides a complete, end-to-end internet solution for selling business-to-business or business-to-consumer.
We are looking to hire a Technical Manager with hands on experience and expertise in RPG to lead and manage a team of RPG developers, interact with customers and help bridge the gap between business and technology. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide problem resolution and technical support for production software issues or system problems including identification, research, resolution and documentation of root cause
- Work with Business Engagement and end users to analyze, design, test, implement and support ERP business solutions
- Ensure the work produced by the team is of high quality.
- Review code to ensure timely identification of issues that could propagate to later phases leading to increase in cost or deterioration in quality.
- Identify and manage risks throughout the project life cycle to avoid business disruptions
- Create and maintain documentation for code and/or configuration throughout the software life cycle
- Develop detailed technical design and test specifications in accordance with SDLC strategies
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team for resolving system and software issues as needed
- Review customers queries, list of issues and collaborate with them for timely resolution.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience of managing and leading development team.
- 8+ years prior development experience on RPG/AS 400.
- Advanced Knowledge of RPG ILE:
- Integrating applications
- Screen Application Development with SDA
- Web Application
- Advanced Knowledge of CL ILE, SQL ILE on IBM i- Series platform.
- Proficient in iSeries iOS Database Relations
- Proficient with IBM Query
- Experience with modernization is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Prior experience of leading and managing a team.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment