SpecTec, a division of Constellation Software Inc., is recognized as a leading international provider of marine software and remote asset management solutions for the shipping, off-shore oil and gas, and naval defense industries. SpecTec is a truly global company comprising 13 fully-owned offices in 11 countries worldwide serving hundreds of customers ranging from individual ship owners to large multinational oil corporations.
We are looking to hire strong Intermediate/Senior SQA Analyst with significant experience & expertise in Manual Testing to work closely with SpecTec R&D team to help ensure high quality and timely delivery of releases. The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- 5 to 12 years of professional testing experience with customer-facing enterprise applications/ERPs.
- Hands-on testing experience with Desktop and Web-based applications.
- Hands-on knowledge/experience of web technologies such as HTML, CSS, APIs etc.
- Well versed in writing/executing SQL queries/procedures.
- Strong experience and proficiency in manual testing, approaches/techniques, and test planning.
- Strong test documentation, test management, test execution and reporting skills.
- Strong ability to think outside the box for testing applications.
- Experience with necessary testing tools such as bug tracking tools/applications (e.g. JIRA).
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Strong ability to understand business process and logic.
- Strong ability to escalate issues to the relevant teams in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Understand/absorb business domain/product.
- Review specifications, design and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans/cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Perform extensive manual testing (Functional/Regression/GUI, Integration and System level testing etc.,) on different product versions and be able to maintain proper documentation.
- Create clear, concise and easily understandable defect reports.
- Provide confidence to the management to roll out releases to production or customers.
- Coordinate/participate in meetings with the on-shore team on a day to day basis and provide active feedback.
- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the on-shore Managers.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Benefits
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment