Atex, a division of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Sweden with offices worldwide, is a leading software company selling solutions for media-rich industries. We develop smart digital solutions that make a measurable difference and enable our customers to streamline operations and optimize their digital strategy. As a global organization, we are committed to helping companies build revenues and reduce costs through products that are increasingly personalized, localized, collaborative, contextually relevant, and available on demand.
The division is looking for Junior/Intermediate Java Developer to work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working from Contour resource-center, as an extension of the R&D team located in Europe.
Following will be part of this job role:
- Focus on development of new product(s) using latest technology stack including latest Java and full stack web development.
- Focus on maintenance of legacy application.
- Code highly efficient and scalable software
- Refactor and improve maintainability of the codebase
- Solve complex scalability, platform conversion, and integration problems.
Required Experience & Skills:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining web applications
- Strong knowledge and experience with Java including Java 8.
- Strong knowledge and experience with JBoss version 4.X and latest
- Strong knowledge and experience with Enterprise JavaBeans version 2 and 3.X.
- Strong experience with Single Page Application (SPA) development especially using AngularJS
- Strong experience with HTML/HTML5 and CSS/CSS3 etc.
- Strong experience of developing and maintaining RESTful Web Services
- Strong experience of working with relational databases: SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Strong experience of NoSQL databases
- Experience working with any version control system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge or experience with C/C++
- Knowledge or experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools such as Jenkins
Some of the exciting benefits of working for Contour, include:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment