Constellation Software Inc. is a leading provider of software and services to a growing group of public and private sector markets. Our industry-specific enterprise systems generally possess market leadership positions in the industries they serve.
Our Contour Software division, located in Pakistan, provides remote team members for some of our operating groups Finance & Accounting departments.
This is an opportunity to join Canadas largest software company, and work in a multi-national environment with team members and customers located in various time zones.
The candidate must be resourceful, inquisitive, self-motivated, possess strong interpersonal skills and be capable of handling high work volumes with accuracy during peak periods.
The learning opportunities, in terms of international accounting rules, processes and tools, are immense. Training will be provided by the local team members. However, the ideal candidate will be one who brings drive and initiative to the learning process.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file sales tax returns (for States, Cities and Counties, where applicable), for North American divisions – both online and paper returns.
- This includes responding to letters/requests from the various States/Cities.
- Provide AP back-ups and requesting AP Manager to process sales tax payments.
- Microsoft Great Plains exposure/experience useful.
- This task is high volume in nature, and requires an emphasis on accuracy.
- Contacting Tax departments to resolve sales tax notices, questions and discrepancies.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Post-secondary education with a focus on business /accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Great Plains an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Reports to: Sr. Finance Manager / Controller, located in Canada.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees. Our benefit package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic on-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment