Thr!ve POS, a part of the Granbury division of Constellation Software Inc
., the choice of independent, regional and national chain-level pizza delivery and restaurant organizations, takes nearly 30 years of expertise serving restaurants, and empowers our customers to be able to compete with large chains. Covering from Order/POS to Loyalty Marketing and everything in between, Thr!ve POS is the only tablet based system designed from the ground up for the special needs of restaurants. The Position:
As a Systems Administrator
, you'll play a key role by making sure our production systems are reliable, secure, automated, efficient, and constantly improving. You'll enable greater levels of pizzeria success by monitoring critical operational metrics, obsessing about security of our networks & those of our client, and maintaining the tools our teams use to build & deploy solutions to thousands of pizzerias nationwide. And you'll be on the lookout to learn about the next technical innovations that we can use to improve our solutions - or the next security hole that aims to keep pizza down. Responsibilities:
- Manage critical operational servers. Maintain upgrades, backups, alerts and ensure performance.
- Manage critical networking infrastructure including domain registrations, DNS changes, SSL certificates
- Work with a variety of systems in various hosting environments including AWS, RackSpace & more.
- Support our POS hardware build and deployment process, managing linux RPMs, PXE servers, etc.
- Maintain PCI compliant environments and support protocols
- Working with various stakeholders, plan, execute and finalize complex IT infrastructure improvement projects, serving as the technical expert on the team.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks and decisions to project team, business stakeholders and IT.
- Work with vendors to resolve hardware and software issues as necessary.
- Monitor & measure IT Operations performance, develop processes for collecting required information, interpreting metrics, & reporting performance results to the appropriate audiences.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience managing or administrating CentOS Linux servers
- 2-5 years of experience managing Windows-based .net servers
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services, including S3, EC2, ELB, VPC, and Cloud Formation
- At least 2 years' experience managing complex networks with a strong focus on security
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service Strong knowledge of PCI and compliance as it pertains to all systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting on a wide range of general system issues.
- An almost fanatical security mindset. You'd introduce SELinux and IP Tables, even if we weren't already using them.
- Payment card industry experience or experience building PCI compliant systems.
- Experience with custom PXE based hardware imaging techniques. (Anaconda, kickstart, etc.)
- Experience building and deploying software as RPM's. (You've created an RPM build spec.)
- Experience with a log analysis and visualization tool like Splunk or SumoLogic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you can consider the needs of developers and managers and find solutions they both will like. Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, simplifying complex technical information for non-technical users.
- A desire to do things right and the ability to take ownership of difficult problems to drive results .
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment