Tecplot, a division of Constellation Software Inc. under the Vela operating group,
is the leading independent developer of visualization and analysis software for engineers and scientists. Tecplot's core product suite includes the 360 and RS solutions. Tecplot 360 enables aerospace engineers and scientists to effectively plot CFD data, analyze complex solutions, arrange multiple layouts, and communicate output effectively in order to enhance aerodynamic design. Tecplot RS gives oil & gas engineers the ability to manage and analyze simulation data, uncover knowledge about reservoir model behavior, and gain confidence in making crucial decisions. The Position:
We are looking for a Senior Software Test Automation Analyst. This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Tecplot's GUI automated regression test suite to test desktop engineering visualization/analysis applications on Windows, Linux and Mac. The automated test suite is written in Python using Squish for Qt. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, motivated, and enjoys working on a collaborative, productive team.
The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Islamabad/Lahore office, working as part of the resource-centre, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Responsibilities:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Work closely and effectively with other members of the development team to produce efficient, reliable and maintainable automated GUI regression tests using Squish, that satisfy the software test cases.
- Participate in planning of new features, propose effective test case designs and provide estimates for the test automation implementation.
- Refactor legacy tests in the automation codebase for improved reliability.
- Work with members of the QA team to ensure that the software has minimal defects and provides the desired functionality.
- Work with the development team to document and reproduce discovered defects.
- Isolate discovered defects to the minimum steps to reliably reproduce the defect outside the automation framework.
- Verify the correct resolution of defects.
- Consider tests performance implications with large data, maintainability and scalability.
- Help improve the code base and the team's agile processes to make the best products efficiently.
- Collaborate to review each other's code for robustness and to both teach and learn.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, math or physical science from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of programming/scripting experience using Python.
- 4+ years of experience testing desktop software applications.
- Experience with Squish test automation framework is highly preferred.
- Experience with Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems is preferred.
- Ability and desire to work as a part of an agile team of other highly skilled developers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with or understanding of Qt, CMake, C++, Subversion, Gitlab, Target Process, and agile development is preferred.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment