CENTAMAN is recognized as a market leader in supplying software systems to the Attractions, Leisure, Tourism, Local Government and Education markets in Australia, North America and Asia. The CENTAMAN system covers a wide range of applications that include venue and leisure center management, ticketing, booking management, point of sale, and access control. Our clients are diverse and include Leisure Centers, Museums, Zoos, Parks, Aquatic Centers, Universities and Government agencies. CENTAMAN is based in Sydney, Australia with offices in Melbourne, Australia and Chicago, Ill.
The successful candidate will work primarily on the maintenance of Centaman's extensive Delphi applications. Over time you will gain exposure to Centaman's newer C# desktop and web applications.The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- The successful candidate will report to the Product Manager, Centaman Enterprise.
- Maintain and enhance Delphi 7 based Windows applications in response to defect reports and new feature requests raised by our clients and staff.
- Participate in team planning and sizing meetings.
- Follow best practice development patterns and produce well engineered and documented code.
- You will have an understanding of test driven development and the importance of thorough unit testing.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to resolve defects and communicate/explain system changes.
- Continuously improve the code base. Understand the importance of refactoring.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in developing and delivering Delphi Windows applications.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with SQL databases, specifically MS SQL 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016. Solid experience developing SQL Server Stored Procedures.
- Experience with retail POS systems including integrated EFTPOS and payment gateways generally would be considered very favorably.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Visual Studio 2012+, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
- Exposure to C# Windows applications.
- Exposure to web platforms and technologies including ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, XML/JSON, REST based Web Services.
- Strong working knowledge of version control systems, sourcegear will be a plus.
- Working experience with Redgate is a plus.
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly.
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player.
- Strong understanding of the complete Software Development Life Cycle, specifically Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Commercially aware
- Quality conscious
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment