DIS Corporation, the leading supplier of Business Systems for they heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies.
Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable. They use the following set of technologies: Java, SpringBoot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, AngularJS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, they primarily use PostgreSQL server.
DIS is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies – publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CSU.
DIS Middle Tier is an enterprise service bus (ESB), built on top of SpringBoot, that manages and controls the integration between DIS Mobile Applications, DIS web-based applications and third-party interfaces and DIS based business management software (ERP systems) packages. The goal of the DIS Middle Tier is to have a common API layer to build future DIS applications against that will work against all business management software that DIS maintains (we maintain four systems currently).
Currently, DIS is looking for Senior/Intermediate Java Developer to work as part of its team to be responsible for the development and maintenance of the DIS Middle Tier. Develop new features with its framework and Java development standards. Will spend time creating new objects and unit scripts to test them. Comfortable using agile principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum: Required Education and Experience:
- Develop new features and maintain existing components based on specifications provided by Product Management.
- Create and integrate unit tests for regression testing to support moving the product towards full regression automation.
- Design, implement and maintain new features and existing components that conform to existing architecture and Java development standards.
- Make suggestions, refactor and improve the maintainability of the codebase.
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Perform code reviews on other team members code (code reviews are performed on all commits).
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and stand-up meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining web applications
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases
- 2+ years of experience with testing a web applications and enterprise software through manual and automated techniques
- 2+ years of experience with JSON, XML, XSD, and XSL
- 2+ years of experience with developing and maintaining REST based APIs
- 2+ years of experience with git
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks:
- Experience with PostgreSQL
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment