DIS Corporation, the leading supplier of Business Systems for they heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies.
Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable. They use the following set of technologies: Java, SpringBoot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, AngularJS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, they primarily use PostgreSQL server.
DIS is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies – publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CSU.
Mobile Service Logistics enables technicians to view their daily jobs, update jobs, view real-time inventory and service history as it relates to the equipment that they are currently working on. The back office can dispatch live work orders to technicians tablets throughout the day and get notified when their work is complete.
Works as part of its team to be responsible for the development and maintenance of its mobile iOS application. Develop new features with its framework and Apple development standards. Will spend time creating new objects and unit scripts to test them. Works with the development lead to resolve customer relates issues. Comfortable using agile principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum: Required Education and Experience:
- Develop new features and maintain existing components in its mobile product based on specifications provided by Product Management.
- Create and integrate unit tests for regression testing to support moving the product towards full regression automation.
- Develop new features and components that conform to existing architecture and Apple development standards.
- Make suggestions on how to improve its existing codebase.
- Perform code reviews on other team members code (code reviews are performed on all commits).
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and stand-up meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience with testing a web application through manual and automated techniques
- Experienced mobile developer with strong knowledge of Objective C
- 3 to 10 years in Application Development on iOS
- 3 to 10 years of experience with XCode
- 3+ years of experience with JSON
- 3+ years of experience with git
- Understanding of REST API
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years experience with Objective C
- Experience with offline support for mobile applications and syncing data
- Some JAVA experiences
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment