AssetWorks is an industry-leading provider of technology and consulting solutions for asset and infrastructure-intensive organizations in government, education, utilities, telecommunications, public transportation and the commercial sector. Our market-leading suite of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)software solutions and professional consulting services enable organizations to improve asset management and maintenance practices, streamline operations, and improve accountability for mission-critical assets.
AssetWorks is part of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies - publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol 'CSU'.
Works as part of a team to be responsible for the testing and verification of a complex IWMS application and supporting products. Develops and executes software test plans, automated test scripts, and verification procedures based upon software and system specifications. Works with the Customer Support staff to research and resolve customer related issues. Is able to work on a team using agile principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create test plans and automated scripts to verify new functionality added to the IWMS application based on specifications provided by Product Management.
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and daily stand-ups.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience with testing a web application through manual and automated techniques.
- Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 4+ years of experience with a commercial relational database (Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with Java, Selenium and TestNG testing tools
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years software quality assurance experience on an IWMS application preferred.
- Expertise in Java, Selenium and TestNG testing tools strongly preferred.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Leave Encashment
- Friendly work environment
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Professional Development Budget
- Child Care Facility
- Life Benefit
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Conveyance Allowance
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Provident Fund
- Parents' Medical Coverage
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Market-leading Salary