Contour Software requires an experienced Database Administrator, to join the team at our Lahore office, to work as part of one of our divisions R&D departments. The hired candidate shall work on a vertical-focused enterprise application that provides a central, cloud-based hub for managing eCommerce and a POS solution that can be accessed any time from any computer. Required Experience & skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute.
- 4+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL (2005, 2008, 2012), and with No-SQL (Redis, Couchbase, MongoDB).
- Strong SQL database administration, management & maintenance skills & experience
- Strong skills related to Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Database Replication & Archival Mechanisms etc.
- Strong experience of developing Stored Procedures, Views, Functions.
- Strong skills to optimize and write complex queries & indexes for performance improvement
- Strong skills to promote process improvement
- Should be able to focus and delivery of high quality solutions
- Should be able to to manage Data and Operating Systems
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Knowledge about information security policies
- Problem Solving skills and ability to present technical information
- Identifies database requirements; analyzing applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment