Constellation Software Inc. is a leading provider of software and services to a growing group of public and private sector markets. Our industry-specific enterprise systems generally possess market leadership positions in the industries they serve.
Our Contour Software division, located in Pakistan, provides remote team members for some of our operating groups' Finance & Accounting departments.
This is an opportunity to join Canada's second largest software company, and work in a multi-national environment with team members and customers located in various time zones. Job Overview:
Reporting to the US Tax Manager based in U.S.A, this candidate is to assist with a wide range of tax responsibilities including compliance, planning, provision, FIN48, and audit support. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- Assist in the preparation of federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns for multiple business entities.
- Assist with the preparation of tax payment estimates, extensions, cash tax projections and planning.
- Assist with annual state and local apportionment data packages.
- Assist with preparation of domestic and foreign quarterly and annual tax provision calculations in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including the computation and reconciliation of deferred tax assets and liabilities in compliance with ASC 740; also review general ledger tax accounts to ensure all entries are proper.
- Assist with federal and state regulatory audits, including preparation of responses to information requests and review of tax assessments for accuracy.
- Assist with tax planning and research and other special projects as deemed necessary.
- Performs tax and accounting research on various projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, business or specialization in tax.
- 3-4 years related tax experience.
- Great interpersonal skills as well as excellent written & verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects while maintaining excellent work quality. Some overtime required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of US GAAP tax accounting principles and good knowledge of U.S. tax system.
- Experience with Excel spreadsheet applications, other Microsoft Office products and accounting business applications.
- CPA (or equivalent) certification preferred.
- Prior corporate tax experience or big 4 accounting firm's tax practice preferred.
- Great Plains knowledge preferred.
- OneSource Tax software and CCH research tool knowledge preferred.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment