SpecTec, a division of Constellation Software Inc., is recognized as a leading international provider of marine software and remote asset management solutions for the shipping, off-shore oil and gas, and naval defense industries. SpecTec is a truly global company comprising 13 fully-owned offices in 11 countries worldwide serving hundreds of customers ranging from individual ship owners to large multinational oil corporations.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer – Team Lead for converting existing enterprise, Power Builder based legacy application to a modern web based application, and for other stream of work in pipeline. Preferred candidates will have an,
- ability to lead the development team.
The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore/Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Required Qualifications & Skills:
Nice to Have:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute
- 8+ years of software including web development experience
- Strong experience with .Net, .Net Core and C# based web development
- Strong understanding of web front-end development including HTML, HTML 5, CSS/CSS3, Bootstrap, Responsive UI etc.
- Strong previous experience of creating, utilizing and integrating with RESTful APIs using Web APIs
- Strong experience of any ORM framework for accessing SQL database
- Strong previous experience of working with relational databases like MS SQL Server and/or Oracle with excellent SQL query writing skills, and NoSQL database like CouchDB etc.
- Good experience of working with cloud environment, services and computing platforms
- Experience of Agile development practices with the proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience
- Ability to lead the team, participate in team discussions and capable of taking initiatives instead of relying on traditional business requirement/specification documents and instructions for every detail.
- Ability to meet and work in tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Development experience of Hybrid mobile application using ionic or Cordova.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees. Our benefit package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment