Constellation Automotive Software (CAS), a division of Constellation Software Inc., delivers a complete set of tools that mid-sized car dealers need to manage their entire business in real-time. We continue to provide the specialization and individual attention you expect from a family-oriented company, while benefitting from the support and best practice influence of an organization with over 20,000 customers worldwide.
The division is looking to hire 2 talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Developers – a senior and an intermediate
- who are passionate about solving problems and enhancing existing applications. Working in conjunction with support, operations and quality assurance teams, they will enhance and maintain an enterprise level legacy windows client server application. We are looking for developers who are great problem solvers and experienced working with, troubleshooting and debugging Windows based applications. The individuals will challenge themselves and others to constantly come up with innovative solutions.
The hired candidate(s) will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-centre, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-15 years experience working with client server-based applications.
- Experience working closely with development, design and business teams to understand business requirements, assess risk, and communicate problem impact.
- Strong "clean code” programming experience.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits Package Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
- Experience working with Visual Basic 6.
- Experience influencing software developers best practices within your team.
- Hands-on expertise in the maintenance of legacy applications.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
- Experienced in Agile or Kanban software development methodologies.
- Experience refactoring legacy code using code analysis, profiling and refactoring tools.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment