Casitron - a division of Perseus, an operating group of Constellation Software Inc. – provides a comprehensive Lease/Loan Accounting Solution for the finance industry through its application CLAMS (Casitrons Lease Accounting and Management System).
Casitron has been serving the Canadian finance industry since 1980. We provide our clients with integrated hosted solutions encompassing both the front and back office applications, using legacy and web technologies.
The web application developer will be a key team member on our application redevelopment team. We are redeveloping our complex, established, legacy application using current technologies to increase operating efficiency, resiliency, enhance the customer experience, and adapt to new requirements as required. This role is key to this redevelopment. He/she demonstrates strong attention to detail and investigative skills on assigned work.
The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-centre, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Skills & Qualification
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in developing applications using PHP.
- Experience of working with any PHP framework e.g. CodeIgniter, CakePHP or any other.
- Strong working knowledge of Git version control system.
- Strong working knowledge of XML and JSON.
- Experience with REST API services.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile development practices.
- Knowledge of accounting and /or accounting systems is an asset.
- Experience with unit testing tools such as PHPUnit or JMeter.
- Work experience in using Jenkins as a continuous integration service.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others and independently.
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely and reliable manner, and affect the changes necessary to maximize the team velocity in sprints.
- A drive to keep current with emerging technologies
- Collaborating with the Application Architect, Product Owner, and project team to establish requirements and processing specifications for new products and existing functionality changes.
- Assist other developers, analysts and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Analyze program specifications for logic and conformance to written specifications and standards.
- Provide development estimates and actively identify changes in scope or work effort.
- Develop and perform unit testing.
- Document new programs and modifications to existing programs.
- Fulfill administrative reporting requirements.
- Review and rewrite older programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements as required.
- Investigate and resolve defects (bugs).
- Actively participating in sprint reviews and contributing to product direction/design discussions.
- Work with deadlines in relation to product release timelines.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment