Coresoft develope innovative, cloud-based software for the member associations industry. we understands the industry and is able to provide best practice, process-driven solutions. we are able to offer our customers innovative solutions that meet their entire operating requirements.
As part of Constellation Software via its operating group Friedman Corporation, Coresoft benefits from a strong corporate platform and international support, yet utilizes its proud 30-year history of local industry experience to work closely with customers to support the achievement of business requirements.
Responsibilities will be:
As part of an extension of the core R&D team, the division is looking to hire a Progress OpenEdge Developer at Contour Karachi. This is an exciting opportunity to work with Markinson product development team. Main projects include development on the following areas:
- Cloud Centre development connecting with Progress backend for the business logic.
- Website and back end development
- Ability to integrate application to 3rd party products via APIs
You will also be expected to participate in team meetings, requirements gathering, scoping, decision aking and technical documentation
Required Skills and Qualification:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of development experience of Progress OpenEdge 4GL Version 9+ with good understanding of Enterprise Class Applications and Advance Business Language.
- Experience working with Progress database.
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- Low level Data Mining experience.
- Experience working with and/or technical knowledge of web sites from an infrastructure point of view.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Must have strong communication skills and problem solving abilities with ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly.
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player, while also being comfortable to work on your own.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge and / or understanding of CloudCentre front end web solution using Sencha framework.
- Experience working with Web APIs / REST services.
- Experience working with and/or general knowledge of third party application integration via APIs.
- Experience and ability to work in an Agile development environment.
Some of the exciting benefits of working for Contour, include:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment