Contour Software, a 375-employee organization with offices in Karachi & Lahore, has grown from a 13-employee business unit in less than 8 years. As a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., we are proud to be part of a global enterprise software conglomerate that has grown to become the 3rd largest Canadian software company, with employees and customers in 100+ countries. With a broad-based and ever-growing portfolio of market-leading, vertical-market enterprise solutions covering more than 50 industry domains in predominantly mature markets, CSI’s recipe creates the perfect environment for software industry professionals to build fulfilling, long-term careers.
What started as a development centre, has progressed into an offshore employee centre serving R&D, IT, CS, PS and Finance departments at the divisional as well as operating group level. With mature yet growing service lines, as well as some post-pilot stage services, and the global growth of Constellation as the wind in our sails, we are only just getting started!
Contour Software is looking for an Intermediate-level techno-functional professional to join the team. Ideal candidates shall bring a combination of IT & Business skills to the role.
Reporting to and directly serving the Director of Software Development Services, the selected individual shall contribute to the accomplishment of the technical evaluation, personnel-development and knowledge sharing agenda and goals, as laid out by the Director, ultimately assisting the Director in achieving the business development and employee-satisfaction goals of this service line.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director in performing administrative steps related to the technical skills analysis component of recruitment activities for the department, marking tests, writing up evaluations, and ensuring a steady flow of evaluation artefacts to the HR team.
- Assist the Director in performing routine personnel management activities to improve employee satisfaction, performance and professional development. Specifically, this includes preparing minutes of key meetings, at a language quality level sufficient for sharing with native speakers, thus ensuring a steady flow of communication for the Director, with onshore management.
- If possible, work to remain abreast with latest trends and gain technical knowledge related to various Software Development and Management tools, technologies, processes and methodologies.
- Assist in facilitating software technology stack and process knowledge sharing and training initiatives across teams within the service line, via planned sessions, team-level interactions, as well as via management of the Intranet portal, as per the Director’s direction.
- Ultimately contribute to and gain growth from the service quality, employee retention and business growth targets of the service line.
- Service Line/Departmental Cumulative Reviews Score
- Departmental Retention Percentage
- Service Line Growth Rate
Required Skills, Experiences & Traits:
- A University degree in Computer Science or IT, combined with Management education (MBA/BBA or other) or equivalent experience. Graduates of MIS and other ‘Business & IT’ combination/dual programs are encouraged to apply.
- 1 to 3 years of experience performing in a functional role in the software development industry, ideally as a hands-on software developer.
- The ability to type at or close to the pace of a normal conversation.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must be self-driven, conscientious and goal-oriented.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents’ Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment