We deliver solutions that consider the full 360 degrees of passenger transport. Whether addressing the needs of a single department, an entire organization, or the community, Trapeze provides some of the most advanced software, intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and mobile technologies in the industry. Hundreds of government and commercial organizations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific have turned to Trapeze to realize efficiencies, enhance the quality and scope of their services, and safely transport more people with less cost.
This is a Level 3 Technical Software Support Role, Requiring In-depth Database and computer systems troubleshooting capabilities. We are looking to hire 1 Enterprise Software Support personnel [Level 3], with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to fulfill support duties, from Contour-Lahore office, as part of Technical Support team serving Trapeze North American and Asia Pacific clients.
The successful candidate will provide technical applications support to customers, which will involve:
- Answering complex questions on function and usage of products
- Investigating, managing, tracking and closing client support issues, specifically related to the database and functions of the application(s)
- Providing trainings to customers, supporting user forums, contributing to the knowledge base, and performing application upgrades for clients
- Conveying customer feedback to product development staff
- Escalating tickets to appropriate staff members
- Performing the role of primary support liaison between company and customer
- Resolves clients’ application questions or problems in the areas of database, system configurations/setup, product functionality and business enhancements
- Installation, configuration and administration of MS-SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL Databases in different network environments.
- Ensure availability, performance, and security of databases.
- Database migrations/upgrades and patch management (Internal Use Only).
- Define and implement best practices within the environment providing on-demand database operational support.
- Create development “bug” reports, FAQ’s and knowledge base articles as appropriate
- Keeps customer informed of how and when problems are resolved
- Involved in any additional follow up testing and troubleshooting
- Mollify and diffuse client problems through effective listening skills, positive action, information gathering and/or ticket escalation
- Prioritize, balance, multi task competing issues with deference to urgency, length of outstanding time and political sensitivity
- Promotes and maintains a high quality, professional, service oriented company image among users
- After hours (on call) support
- Bachelors degree or Polytechnic/Vocational Diploma in computer science, IT systems, or related experience required
- 2-5 years Database Administration experience, specifically on MS SQL and Oracle 11g.
- 3+ years of customer support experience (preferably with international customers)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive database knowledge (MS SQL and/or Oracle)
- Ownership of issues through resolution
- Extensive software and hardware experience in a Windows environment
- IVR/telephony experience including Genesys GVP8 and Mediant SIP gateways
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of the transit industry is an asset
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure (DMZ, WAN/LAN, ODBC, etc) is desired.
- Previous experience with version control tools (SVN) is an asset
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Microsoft Applications - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of various scripting tools and languages (MS SQL Client, TOAD) as well as with database design and tools (MS SQL Server, Oracle).
Required Work Shifts: Monday to Friday 4:00/5:00/6:00 PM to 1:00/2:00/3:00 AM
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees. Our benefit package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic on-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment