TripSpark Technologies, a division of Constellation Software Inc. under the Volaris group, is a community transportation technology company focused on helping mid-sized transit agencies and private operators transform their operation - increasing community engagement and driving revenue. TripSpark makes this possible by linking the latest technologies with a dedicated focus to help customers grow their operation and meet evolving community transit needs.
- We are looking to develop a team of two (one Senior/Lead and one Junior/Intermediate) Developers, to work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, as an extension of the divisions R&D department, focused on the Demand-Response reporting solutions.
- Initially the team will focus on the creation of custom reports using the existing Crystal reports and C++ reporting system in order to become familiar with the product.
- Once familiar with the current system, the team will then begin the task of creating the next generation Data Mart solution. This will include the creation of C# plug-ins to extract and transform data into a new Data Mart database.
- As part of the project, the reports would be de-coupled from the enterprise products release schedule, as well as from the pre-existing dependency on one report-rendering tool, so any tool can then generate the reports.
- Future tasks would involve progressing to use SSRS, custom report development, maintenance, and other projects as per ongoing needs.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute.
- 3-15 years of relevant hands-on work experience in .NET development.
- Strong expertise and experience of using C#.
- Strong understanding and working experience with Entity Framework and relational databases including MS SQL Server.
- Strong ability to understand existing report structure, gather requirements and develop reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services platform (SSRS).
- Ability to understand reports designed with Crystal Reports.
- Experience of development with Windows Forms and web development using ASP.Net.
- Strong knowledge of software architecture, programming best practices and patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within an Agile team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality.
- Ability to meet and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Work Shift Requirements: 2:00 10.00pm (Pakistan time)
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Atlassian Jira
- Prior international travel history (due to possibility of onshore trip requirement).
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.Our benefit package includes:
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment