Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions in 17 vertical industries. Within each vertical market, Jonas boasts a group of market-leading brands, all of which are respected and longstanding leaders within their own domain.
Jonas is an operating group of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) - publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CSU. Constellation Software Inc. acquires, maintains, supports and enhances software systems for life.
This position is reports into the R&D Department of the Resolve Group (RSG), a division of Jonas Australia. RSG is a global provider of Dynamic Case Management (DCM) solutions, and is widely recognized as one of Australias leading software platforms, delivering solutions in the case management, complaints management, and incident management domains.
We are seeking an Intermediate SQA Analyst with significant software testing expertise to work closely with Resolve groups developers and product managers to help ensure high quality and timely delivery on multiple implementation projects of varying sizes and complexities. S/he will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Our ideal candidate is not afraid to solve complex challenges by looking at them from a different perspective. S/he should possess excellent communications skills with a proven ability to integrate out of the box thinking and problem solving to improve processes, systems and methodologies. This includes having a keen attention to detail and being exceptionally good at identifying software inconsistencies. The candidate must be able to wear multiple hats and not lose track of the little things. Furthermore, s/he should be eager to learn, grow and take full ownership of the quality of the modules being tested.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 3 - 5 years of formal QA engineering experience working on customer-facing enterprise level software
- A strong and undeniable passion for QA and for making improvements (e.g. software, development processes, testing, documentation, etc.)
- Able to create, execute and maintain detailed test suites/test cases with limited supervision
- Knowledge of a commercial bug tracking system for managing defects (e.g. Bugzilla, Jira, etc.)
- Naturally curious with the ability to break software in a constructive manner
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with geographically distributed teams
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute in a team environment
- Participate in reviews (design, functional specs) to ensure completeness and provide meaningful input
- Strong troubleshooting skills to isolate problems and identify root-cause of defects to aid development efforts
Nice to Have:
- Experience with any test automation tool like Selenium/QTP/Test Complete etc.
- Develop and execute testing strategies and plans for multiple products/projects/versions
- Work closely with development counterparts throughout the SDLC to ensure high quality deliverables
- Create and execute detailed test plans/Cases that exercise the system from an end-user perspective
- Troubleshoot and isolate problems to aid development in identifying root-cause of defects
- Create and maintain detailed bug reports with clear and repeatable steps and track/verify bugs as problems are found and resolved
- Be the voice of the customer and ensure non-functional requirement are met (e.g. consistency, usability, etc.)
- Setup and maintain test environments including populating test data as needed
- Coordinate/participate in meetings with the on-shore team on day to day basis and provide active feedback
- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the on-shore Managers
Some of the exciting benefits of working for Contour, include:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment