The candidate must be resourceful, inquisitive, self-motivated, possess strong interpersonal skills and be capable of handling high work volumes with accuracy during peak periods.
The learning opportunities, in terms of international accounting rules, processes and tools, are immense. Training will be provided by the local team members. However the ideal candidate will be one who brings drive and initiative to the learning process.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Tax Returns Filing:
- Prepare and file sales tax returns (for States, Cities and Counties, where applicable), for some of our North American divisions both online and paper returns.
- This includes responding to letters/notices from the various States/Cities.
- Knowledge of accounting for Sales tax is highly desirable.
Billing and Collections:
- Revenue/Sales billings using MS Dynamics Great Plains and cash application to Accounting Software.
- This task is high volume in nature, and requires an emphasis on accuracy.
- Responding to customer invoice inquiries.
- Updating collection notes and customer contact information in Great Plains, if required.
- Contacting customers to ensure receipt of significant invoices and status of payment.
- Inter-Company revenues and expense and reconciliation.
- Fixed Asset and depreciation accounting.
- Some tasks related to accounts payables.
Any other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education with a focus on business /accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with MS Dynamics Great Plains an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
A. Supervised by: Sr. Finance Manager, located in Karachi.
B. Reports to: Controller, located in Canada
Interrelationships: Work with the Finance and Administration teams located in Canada, US & UK, to develop relationships with customers
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment