Majiq, a market leader for Pulp and Paper Industry Enterprise Software Solutions, and a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc, is expanding its Quality Assurance team at our development centre - Contour Karachi. This is an exciting career opportunity for excellent junior resources to join a superb quality assurance team performing manual and automated testing of a large scale enterprise OLTP application serving customers worldwide.
We require two junior software test engineers, who possess excellent communication skills and some professional testing experience, to join a team of senior Quality Assurance professionals. Experience with manual software testing is necessary.
- Read requirement and specification documents, and write test cases based on the information in these documents.
- Create, review, and execute test cases.
- Create and close bugs with attention to detail on steps to reproduce the issue.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- 1- 2 years’ experience in software testing required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- SQL skills for manual and automated testing verification.
- Knowledge of test methodologies, test automation design, and iterative development.
- A keen analytical and structured approach to problem solving and testing.
- Software development & software testing process knowledge/experience.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Experience with any of the following a plus: Agile, C#, TFS, SQL Server, Oracle, Test Complete, XML, the pulp and paper industry, test automation for large OLTP applications.
- Contour Software provides exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment.