Harris School Solutions is a business unit within Constellation Software Inc.s Harris Computer Systems operating group. The business unit focuses on Student Information Systems (SIS), Financial Management Systems, Food Service solutions and Specialized Student Solutions (SSS) exclusively catering to the needs of K-12 public and charter schools in North America. These positions shall be a part of the R&D department of the Financial Management Systems (FINS) sector of Harris School Solutions, and dedicated to the Terms 20-20 product division.
These are contract positions for 12 to 18 months with a chance of conversion to permanent positions. The hired professional(s) will be located and work out of the Contour Software office [Karachi or Lahore], working as part of a local team, as well as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
The division is looking for two developers to assist in web-enabling the Terms 20-20 application suite.
- University/College education or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of development experience in PHP.
- Minimum 2+ years of development experience in SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in Web Services (REST).
- Minimum 2+ years of experience building multi-tier, distributed web applications.
- Minimum 1+ years of development experience using PHP web frameworks, such as Zend, CodeIgniter, Symphony, or something similar.
- Minimum 2+ years of proven experience with data modeling, stored procedures, triggers and maintenance on enterprise level databases.
- Thorough understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Knowledge and understanding of internet and networking TCP/IP protocol.
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly.
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player.
- Strong understanding of the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Nice to have
- Experience developing PHP code in an IDE like NetBeans.
- Experience with IBM DB2.
- Experience with multiple databases.
- Experience in AS400, IBMi and/or Power8 environment.
- Developing, maintaining, testing and implementing applications and enhancements.
- Release development methodology and change controls.
- Working with other technically skilled staff on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Preparing, planning and documenting application release migrations.
- Production support, problem diagnosis, problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently.
- Should be flexible, self-motivated and a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
- Our benefit package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities