Harris School Solutions is a business unit within Constellation Software Inc., Harris Computer Systems operating group. The business unit focuses on Student Information Systems (SIS), Financial Management Systems, Food Service solutions and Specialized Student Solutions (SSS) exclusively catering to the needs of K-12 public and charter schools in North America. This position shall be a part of the R&D department of the Specialized Student Solutions (SSS) sector of Harris School Solutions.
The Specialized Student Solutions (SSS) division is looking for Senior Developer to assist us in creating the next version of our Continuing Education ClassMate software. Classmate is currently the industryleader in serving the U.S. Continuing Education market. We are looking to move the existing VB6 product into the latest .NET web platform.
The hired professional will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of a local team, as well as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Developing, maintaining, testing and implementing applications and enhancements.
- Release development methodology and change controls.
- Working with other technically skilled staff on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Preparing, planning and documenting application release migrations.
- Production support, problem diagnosis, problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently, flexible, self-motivated and a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- University/College education or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of development experience in .NET technologies using C#.
- Development experience with the .NET MVC framework and Entity Framework.
- Development experience in Web Services (REST).
- Experience building multi-tier, distributed web or mobile applications, with an emphasis on Responsive Design.
- experience with data modeling, proven experience with MS SQL Server 2005/2008 including T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, DB maintenance
- Experience with MySQL.
- Thorough understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, Source Control and MS Office.
Nice to have
- Development experience in PHP and Node.js
- Development Experience with VB6
- MCSD certification
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefit package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment