CENTAMAN is recognized as a market leader in business systems to the Attractions, Leisure, Tourism, Local Government and Education markets in Australia and abroad. The CENTAMAN business system covers a wide range of applications that include venue and leisure center management, ticketing, booking management, point of sale, and access control. Our clients are diverse and include Leisure Centers, Museums, Zoos, Parks, Aquatic Centers, Universities and Government agencies. Centaman is a division of the Jonas Operating Group of Constellation Software Inc.
CENTAMAN Systems is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer, located at the Contour Karachi office, who will be responsible for delivery of the CENTAMAN product suite to our customers. A resource with IT/Network administration knowledge and basic exposure to software development can succeed. Someone with enterprise software installation/implementation experience will be ideal.
- This includes software installation at new customers as well as upgrades of existing customer deployments.
- You must have a solid understanding of industry best practices and hands-on experience managing the remote deployment of desktop applications over a widely distributed client base.
- You will also manage the installation and deployment of CENTAMANs current IIS based web applications and APIs.
- The position will expand to include management of our newer Azure hosted web applications.
- The role requires managing a large and varied infrastructure as it grows.
- The position includes building out the appropriate tools and processes to make your own job easier, and planning for future platform growth.
You will report directly to the Customer Support manager. You will also work closely with CENTAMANs CTO and the software development team in defining tools and methods that will automate deployment processes.
- Deployment coordination and planning:
- Installation of software to new clients.
- Performing upgrades on existing clients.
- Liaison with new/existing clients on the above tasks.
- Preparation of release notes and new feature documents for internal team and customers.
- Manage the deployment of production, staging and test environments.
- Improve automated deployment processes.
- 4+ years of DevOps experience supporting enterprise-level desktop and website deployment.
- 4+ years Windows Server management experience (IIS, SQL Server essential).
- Experience with virtualized and cloud environments (Azure experience a plus).
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to negotiate / work with other teams across all levels.
- A familiarity with software development methodologies, tools, languages and approaches.
- Diligent, responsible and conscious of the security and privacy implications when connected to CENTAMAN client sites.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels across the business.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
Exciting Benefits we offer
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefit package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment