CENTAMAN is recognized as a market leader in business systems to the Attractions, Leisure, Tourism, Local Government and Education markets in Australia and abroad. The CENTAMAN business system covers a wide range of applications that include venue and leisure center management, ticketing, booking management, point of sale, and access control. Our clients are diverse and include Leisure Centers, Museums, Zoos, Parks, Aquatic Centers, Universities and Government agencies. Centaman is a division of the Jonas Operating Group of Constellation Software Inc.
CENTAMAN Systems is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer, located at the Contour Karachi office, who will be responsible for development testing of the CENTAMAN product suite. We are looking for Candidates with good IT/Network administration knowledge and software development exposure.
- Strong deployment and network operations experience.
- Good scripting knowledge.
- You must have a solid understanding of industry best practices and hands-on experience managing the remote deployment of desktop applications over a widely distributed client base.
- You will also manage the installation and deployment of CENTAMANs current IIS based web applications and APIs.
- You will be responsible for the management of our newer Azure hosted web applications.
- The role requires managing a large and varied infrastructure as it grows.
- The position includes building out the appropriate tools and processes to make your own job easier, and planning for future platform growth.
- Strong troubleshooting qualities.
You will work closely with CENTAMANs Services/Support/Development teams in defining tools and methods that will improve the deployment processes. Job Responsibilities:
- Manage code releases internally.
- Cross and merge the barriers between software development, testing, Services and support teams.
- Create operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects.
- build automated deployments and orchestration of tools.
- Servers/cloud management.
- Configuration management.
- Evaluate existing applications and platforms and recommend for performance enhancements and assist with modifications.
- Management of tools for sourcecode, continuous integration and testing.
- Routine application maintenance.
- Monitor softwares security and health.
- Preparation of "release notes” and "new feature” documents for internal team and customers.
- Manage the deployment of test environments.
- 2+ years of DevOps experience supporting enterprise-level desktop, website and cloud deployments.
- 5+ years Windows Server management experience (IIS, SQL Server essential).
- Experience with virtualized and cloud environments (Azure experience a plus).
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to negotiate / work with other teams across all levels.
- A familiarity with software development methodologies, tools, languages and approaches.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Diligent, responsible and conscious of the security and privacy implications when connected to CENTAMAN client sites.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels across the business.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment