The Argos Software division, a part of the Vela FOG operating group of Constellation Software, has focused on developing specialized business management software for the agri-business, supply chain and logistics industries. In addition to grower software and supply chain management software, they offer a variety of services that will help clients succeed in their planning, implementation, and on-going training activities.
Headquartered in Fresno, California, Argos Software has a "broad and deep” staff of programmers and support specialists. With a culture that fosters learning and creating value for our customers, their staff members are highly motivated, have a sense of ownership, and a commitment to the success of Argos and their customers. They are proud of the longevity of their staff and the depth of their knowledge, both of the industry and products.
Argos is looking to increase its team at the resource centers (Contour) Lahore location.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer, who will be responsible for:
The prospective candidate will deliver top-level software solutions using our internal software framework in developing our comprehensive Accounting /ERP software package for the transportation, warehousing and wholesale nursery industries.
- Developing new optimal working software solution within the estimated time frame.
- Maintaining the existing software, fixing issues, improving and optimizing the code base.
- Evaluating the effort of the activities requested.
- Managing and tracking time in relation to the set of tasks for each period of work, in order to complete them in the defined time frame.
- Following the companys programming best practices relating to programming and software management tools, such as bug tracking and planning.
- Working in teams when a coordinated effort is needed to implement a set of features.
- Working on customer requests and feature enhancements
- Providing support for the product and work with customer support team, as necessary.
- Documenting the procedures and recommendations for all phases of product tests.
- Developing unit tests where appropriate.
- Creating user level documentation, as needed.
- Code review.
- Code refactoring.
- EDI mapping
- RF process development
- Report development
Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Proficient in .Net C#.
- Proficient in SQL Server.
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment