Company Description & The Market We Serve
Navarik is a software and data service provider to the commodity trading industry. Navarik is the industry-leading, global solution that standardizes and processes operational trading and supply information for over 4000 users across 50 different countries from energy majors such as Chevron, ExxonMobil, and Shell.
Navarik is looking for a full-time, permanent Data Technician who understands the critical nature of data accuracy and timeliness. Aligned with Navarik's initiative to put quality first, you will help ensure that Navarik's data meets our highest standards. The Data Technician will be responsible for entering information from structured and unstructured fields into Navarik's platform.
Ideal candidates are expected to engage in a steep learning curve on the industry we serve as well as the nature of the data. This role will also involve extensive training on the platform where work will be performed during your probation period.
Candidate Required Skills and Qualifications (Must Have)
- Working with data makes you happy. You are intelligent and detailed oriented.
- Learning is what drives you. You are curious, coachable, and adaptable.
- Getting things done and doing it well is second nature to you. You are self-motivated, highly organized, and driven to excel.
- Collaborating with others is satisfying to you. You are an excellent communicator and a team player.
- Seeking improvements to the way you perform your work is a principle to you. You have excellent time management skills.
- Positive and Personable are adjectives you use to describe yourself in your work environment. You have a "can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
Candidate Bonus Assets (Nice to Have)
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent.
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Time management and attention to detail.
Candidate Key Responsibilities
- Previous experience in data entry.
- Knowledge of data ingestion and processing procedures.
- Knowledge of the commodity shipping industry and/or inspection industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with public, semi-public, restricted, and sensitive data in any domain, preferably trading and commodities.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Entering data accurately and timely into Navarik's platform.
- Capable of processing high volumes of data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Capable of adhering to data business procedures.
- Identifying and reporting data issues.
- Provide constructive feedback on data issues by participating in internal team reviews.
- Clear and concise communication with external parties.
- Verifying all data provided by other parties in compliance with Navarik's needs and policies.
- Identify areas for process improvement and collaborate in suggesting/designing solutions.
- Take on additional work items as required by the Navarik data team.
- Committed to safeguarding data as per Navarik's data governance program.
- Creating spreadsheets to track data anomalies.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment