Ibcos Computers Ltd is the UK's leading provider of Dealership Management Software to the Agricultural, Construction, and Ground Care industries, helping Dealers manage all areas of the business operations from parts and service, through sales and finance, with innovative solutions to achieve their business objectives. Now a part of the Dealership Systems portfolio of Constellation Software, Ibcos is set on a path of continuous improvement and growth.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer, to join our team on a full-time basis. The hired candidate will be involved in developing a dealership management solution, using a mix on modern programming languages and techniques as well as maintaining a large legacy codebase. He/She will produce readable, maintainable code that is both manually and automatically tested in all target environments using an Agile approach and appropriate methodologies to support collaboration and manage change.
The chosen candidate will work out of the Contour Software Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Design and create new code to extend our existing product, to standards agreed by the development team using C# .Net
- Contribute to software design and supporting documentation.
- Work as a part of a development team, following agile methodologies agreed by the team.
- Understand the development techniques that relate to the delivery of the existing and new products.
- Test code both manually and using automated methods (unit, integration, and UI testing) to remove any defects at the earliest opportunity.
- Work with QA team to ensure features and defect resolutions match corresponding test scenarios.
- Follow agreed and documented coding best practices, ensuring full understanding and development requirements.
- Assist QA/support with defect investigation, steps to reproduce the defect, and provide a solution to resolve any defect identified.
- Become involved in ad-hoc tasks as required.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 1-3 years of experience of C# and .Net Framework
- Good object-oriented programming knowledge
- Knowledge of Unit Testing frameworks (e.g. xUnit, Moq, and Jest) is preferred
- Experience in Vue JS or knowledge of Angular JS or React JS is preferred.
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies (Kanban or SCRUM)
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Exposure to Databases (MySQL, SQLite, ISAM)
- Fresh candidates with strong OOP and final year project in C#/.net are encouraged to apply
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment