ProShip, Inc. is the most trusted global provider of automated multi-carrier shipping software. ProShip empowers its customers to ship at lightning speeds, stay carrier compliant 24/7/365 and build stronger-than-ever customer revenue streams. With over a decade of enterprise experience in the shipping and supply chain industry, ProShip's time-tested technology and advanced functionality continues to remain unmatched. Customers who choose ProShip, choose the number one in speed, compliance, reliability, and experience.
we are looking for a Senior Software Developer - Lead who is talented, self-directed, and self-motivated. The ideal candidate will also possess strong technical skills and the ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written skills. Our software is used by some of the biggest companies in the US. The R&D department and its team of Software Developers are leading key projects to modernize our technology and support our expansion into the global market.
Candidates should have good communications skills and have experience working in a team-based environment involving onshore and offshore colleagues. The Lead Software Developer will provide guidance, direction, and leadership to a small, dynamic team responsible for a variety of projects. This position is in the Contour Software Karachi resource center office as an extension of ProShip's R&D department. This position is responsible for the local sub-team.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is driven and wants to join a stable, long-term organization experiencing hyper-growth due to positive trends in the e-commerce and logistics industries.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Improve existing software solutions with direction from ProShip's R&D department.
- Utilize tools, technology, and align methodologies to create functional and intuitive solutions based on the requirements of the projects.
- Translate the functional requirements, in collaboration with onshore team, into a technical design and other content for the development team to follow including guidance on the technologies for the conversion of legacy system to modern C#.Net based solution.
- Derive technical requirements from business provided by the stakeholders on the project.
- Test software product to ensure BA/PM and customer requirements, as well as acceptance criteria, are met
- Follow and drive Agile practices within the team.
- Utilize tools such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Automated Testing to maintain and elevate code quality and improve development productivity.
- Perform code reviews to ensure development standards are being followed.
- Guide develop and train software engineers.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 8-15 years strong experience of C#.Net Framework.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic computer and server administration (Linux and Windows).
- Experience with data manipulation algorithms.
- Familiarity with a variety of RDMS platforms, including MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies (Kanban or SCRUM).
- Ability to assist in identifying and implementing the correct technology and architecture for business problems.
- Strong English communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience converting legacy systems to modern UI or C#.Net based solutions is desired.
- Experience with function programming methodologies is desired.
- Experience with VB6 is desired.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment