Client Corporation, the leading supplier of Business Systems for the heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies.
Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable. They use the following set of technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, AngularJS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, they primarily use PostgreSQL server.
Client is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol 'CSU'.
Client Middle Tier is an enterprise service bus (ESB), built on top of Spring Boot, that manages and controls the integration between Client Mobile Applications, Client web-based applications and third-party interfaces and Client based business management software (ERP systems) packages. The goal of the Client Middle Tier is to have a common API layer to build future Client applications that will work against all business management software that Client maintains (we maintain four systems currently).
Currently, Client is looking for a Software Development Architect to work as part of its team to be responsible for the architecture, development and maintenance work of the Client Middle Tier. Develop new features with its framework and Java development standards. Will spend time creating new objects and unit scripts to test them. Comfortable using agile principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new features and maintain existing components based on specifications provided by Product Management.
- Define robust, optimal, scalable and performant architectures.
- Identify the issues with existing architecture and communicate to the senior members of the team.
- Create and integrate unit tests for regression testing to support moving the product towards full regression automation.
- Design, implement and maintain new features and existing components that conform to existing architecture and Java development standards.
- Make suggestions, refactor and improve the maintainability of the codebase.
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Perform code reviews on other team members' code (code reviews are performed on all commits).
- Maintain effective communication with the software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and stand-up meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience architecting, developing and maintaining web applications.
- 10+ years of experience of developing applications including enterprise level applications using Java.
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases.
- 5+ years of experience with testing a web applications and enterprise software through manual and automated techniques.
- 5+ years of experience with JSON, XML, XSD, and XSL.
- 5+ years of experience with developing and maintaining REST based APIs.
- 5+ years of experience with GIT.
- Deep understanding of various design and architectural patterns.
- Prior experience of working in architect capacity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban).
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks:
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment