Horizon Retail Solutions provides enterprise resource planning software for high-volume retail chains located in the mid-western United States. Horizon provides full-service offerings to its customers including custom development, training and support. Horizons offerings are ideal for farm, home, ranch, hardware and home center chains. Horizons products include Host retail enterprise software, Store-Cashier, Store-Manager, Warehouse Management System (WMS), and PaymentPro.Net.
The Development Team Lead is a talented, self-directed and self-motivated individual with strong technical skills and demonstrated verbal and written skills. This person should have superior interpersonal and communications skills and has experience in working in a team-based development environment involving local and North American colleagues. This person has strong technical skills in order to personally deliver, and mentor other developers. Exceptional English language communication skills - both verbal and written – are absolutely required.
Working to deliver a complex enterprise-grade ERP application, this person is accountable for producing high quality, timely, testable and reliable code, including deployments. Apart from being the strongest technical resource on the team, this person shall possess significant team, project and process management, and especially work effort estimation and reporting experiences.
The hired person shall work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department and will lead the local sub-team.
Job Qualifications: General skills and knowledge:
- Proactively coordinate and mentor developers to finish scrum sprints with maximum velocity.
- Ensure effective operations and throughput of the local development/QA team, identifying and eliminating inefficiencies that may emerge from time to time.
- Review and rewrite older programs to increase operating efficiency, enhance the customer experience, and adapt to new requirements as required.
- Investigate and resolve open bugs.
- Actively participate in product direction/design discussions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Specialized skills and knowledge:
- Strong English speaking ability.
- Strong English writing ability.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Positive disposition, self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner and affect the changes necessary to maximize velocity in sprints.
- Ability to monitor and maintain process reliability.
Education and work experience:
- 2+ years experience directly managing a developer team of 3+ people, with full accountability of throughput, code quality, and results.
- Hands-on experience building enterprise grade .Net applications
- Hands-on experience working in Service Oriented Architectures.
- Experience providing estimated effort for assigned work.
- Hands-on skill with Source control and release management toolsets
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, math, or related area with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment