Charter Software Inc. partners with servicing dealers & distributors to promote mutual success through use of our technology-based management tools. ASPEN is an affordable, Microsoft-based Business Management System used by hundreds of equipment dealers across North America to better run their business and positively impact their bottom line.
The role of the Senior Software Developer is to be a valued contributor on the Scrum team for ASPEN, Charter Software's flagship business management system. Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to performing troubleshooting and analysis for existing system bugs as well as coding new user interface and service components for ASPEN. The Senior Software Developer also functions as a mentor for others on the team, as well as a consultant for software architecture questions.
- Perform maintenance on existing ASPEN code base to address bugs and minor enhancement requests using a mix of C# and VB.NET;
- Develop new functionality in C# for ASPEN under the guidance of the Senior Software Engineer and Director of IT;
- Trouble-shoot existing code issues in a Tier 3 support role, working in conjunction with Senior Engineers, Business Analysts, and Technical Support;
- Provide mentoring to other members of the team to help them learn and expand their skillset.
- Provide guidance with software architecture related to patterns, including SOA, MVC.
- Provide guidance with software technologies/implementations, including REST, SOAP, rich-client, and web-client.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- B.S. or higher in CIS, MIS, CS or other appropriate field of study. Equivalent experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- We place a strong emphasis on culture and focus on 4 key flourish factors (CLIC)
- (C) Collaboration Passion for working together with others to provide the best value for Charter customers.
- (L) Lightheartedness Ability to approach situations with humor and recognize the benefits.
- (I) Integrity with Compassion - Intense focus on customers and providing excellent customer service.
- (C) Continuous Improvement Drive to continuously learn and expand skills.
- For the items below, these Skill Levels apply
- Expert 10+years; Master 5-10 years; Journeyman 3-5 years; Novice 0-3 years;
- 10+ years of experience of developing applications using .Net and C#.
- 3-5 years of experience of developing applications using VB.NET.
- 5-10 years' experience of working with data in a relational database, including both querying and development against, with preference given to Microsoft's SQL Server.
- 5+ years proven experience mentoring other team members to help them learn and grow.
- Experience working with RESTful services, including understanding of the main tenets of what makes a service RESTful.
- Prior experience working in an Agile development environment, SCRUM preferred.
- Degree of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to RESTful service development.
- Exposure to .NET Core development, including ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework (EF) Core.
- Exposure to security in a SOA world, including work with OAUTH/OpenID Connect.
- Exposure to report development for Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Familiarity with developing user interfaces on various client technologies, including both rich-client and web-client.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment