Atex, a division of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Sweden with offices worldwide, is a leading software company selling content management and advertising solutions for the media industry (newspapers, news websites, magazines, broadcasters). We develop smart digital solutions that make a measurable difference and enable our customers to streamline operations and optimize their digital strategy. As a global organization, we are committed to helping companies build revenues and reduce costs through products that are increasingly personalized, localized, collaborative, contextually relevant, and available on demand.
The division is looking to hire a Front-end Developer who will join the Online team and contribute to developing the next generation of Atex content management solutions, designed to run in the AWS cloud and be offered in a SaaS fashion to our customers.
The candidate will work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource centre team, as an extension of the onshore team in Sweden.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Responsible for development of assigned web applications.
- Work within an Agile environment, including participation in priority/ sprint planning, story planning and daily stand-ups.
- Unit-test code for robustness and stability.
- Analyze code regularly and refactor as required to minimize technical debt.
- Create, revise and maintain design/technical documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Nice to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (relevant experience in the field can compensate a missing degree).
- Good communication skills in English.
- Frontend build tools like npm, Grunt/Gulp, Less or Sass, Webpack and Lerna.
- Knowledge of scrum and agile methodologies.
- Excellent proficiency with developing responsive websites and emails.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot cross browser compatibility issues.
- Ability to setup and configure local development environments.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience with Angular JS 1.6 or lower.
- Experience working with NodeJS.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Familiarity with server-side rendering using Next.js or similar.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment