Atex, a division of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Sweden with offices worldwide, is a leading software company selling content management and advertising solutions for the media industry (newspapers, news websites, magazines, broadcasters). We develop smart digital solutions that make a measurable difference and enable our customers to streamline operations and optimize their digital strategy. As a global organization, we are committed to helping companies build revenues and reduce costs through products that are increasingly personalized, localized, collaborative, contextually relevant, and available on demand.
The division is looking to hire a Lead Java Developer who will join the Online team and contribute to developing the next generation of Atex content management solutions, designed to run in the AWS cloud and be offered in a SaaS fashion to our customers.
The candidate will work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource centre team, as an extension of the onshore team in Sweden and coordinating a small local team (3-4 developers).
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Responsible for coordinating the local developers in Karachi.
- Work with other departments (Product, UX, Design, QA) with regards to requirements. gathering and analysis, demonstrating technical leadership and exerting influence.
- Lead technical solutioning sessions with other developers to ensure that solutions are complete, scalable and are future proof.
- Build, foster and work within an Agile environment, including participation in priority/ sprint planning, story planning and daily stand-ups, as well as analysis and communication of change impacts to functional team and business stakeholders.
- Unit test code for robustness and stability.
- Analyse code regularly and refactor as required to minimize technical debt.
- Communicate to the product Architects in Sweden, providing development time estimates and progress updates, with efficiency and accuracy.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide innovative solutions.
- Create, revise and maintain design/technical documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Nice to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (relevant experience in the field can compensate a missing degree).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- 5+ years of Java development experience and web frameworks like Spring Boot, Dropwizard or similar.
- Hands-on experience in designing RESTful APIs, event-driven workflows, and microservices.
- Strong understanding of writing and implementing end-to-end unit and integration tests.
- Knowledge of scrum and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience writing cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Previous experience leading software development teams.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like Couchbase or MongoDB.
- Familiarity with search/indexing engines like Solr of Elasticsearch.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment