Integrated Dealer Systems (IDS) a division of Constellation Software Inc., is seeking a Technical Writer to join their ever-growing team at the Contour Resource Centre. IDS is one of the world's leading providers of management systems for the RV and Marine industries. Incorporated in 1984, IDS has developed complete dealer management software solutions for over 9,500 users across North America, and has offices in Wake Forest, NC, St. Petersburg, FL, and Toronto, Canada.
The division is looking to hire a Technical Writer to work collaboratively with the Product team, developers and project leaders. The prospective candidate will write and revise task-oriented reference documentation, release notes, guides and online help in HTML. The documentation suite includes descriptions of individual changes, guides for major components of the software and marketing literature.
The desired individual must be comfortable in a technical environment and be able to successfully translate enterprise application functional/technical information into user documentation. The selected candidate shall work out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the onshore R&D team.
- Work closely with Product team and Subject Matter Experts to quickly acquire software knowledge and to condense subject matter into appropriate documentation for the target audience.
- Clearly interpret and document procedures, setups, tasks, reports, and technical concepts.
- Write/define text in the applications such as labels, description, headers.
- Introduce best practices for publishing online help.
- Produce, maintain and continually enhance professional documentation.
- Meet firm deadlines.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to communicate information clearly for a variety of different audiences, from novice users to highly technical developers
- Strong organizational skills
- A self-starter who takes initiative on projects and proactively offer suggestions/resolutions
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in desktop publishing tools
- Experience with HTML
- Experience with Captivate
- Experience with RoboHelp
- Keen interesting in learning business applications
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment