Halcom is a pioneer in the development of modern solutions for payment systems in Central and South-Eastern Europe. An international company that innovatively develops products and services for financial institutions through agile methodology, is present in 8 EMEA markets in more than 60 banks and two central banks and clearing houses. Halcom experts transform their knowledge of payment systems, technical knowledge and many years of experience into advanced solutions, products and services.
The division is seeking a Senior DBA for IBM DB2 who will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and performance of databases, to ensure the availability and optimal performance. This includes implementing a failsafe backup strategy, maintaining existing replication and coming up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
Hired candidate will also be working with other members of the Technical Consulting team, support and development groups to identify and resolve problems.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Islamabad/Lahore/Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Installations for DB2 ESE on AIX/Linux environment.
- DB2 UDB experience on Linux, Unix and Windows.
- Experience in implementing High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR with TSA)
- Create large table spaces Using Automatic Storage Management.
- Database performance tuning through database physical design, configurations and implementations of MQTs, indexes and related settings.
- Database objects creation & alteration (tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions etc.)
- Responsible for query performance optimization, tuning implementations, and production support.
- Version migrations from DB2 V8.2 to V9.1 and V8.2 to V9.5 and V8.2/V9.5 to V9.7 and V10
- Provide recommendations for ongoing tuning of environment based on growth projections.
- Implement Backup/Recovery of Databases and database movement between environments.
- Replication support and implementation. Both SQL and Q replication required.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving skills, technical analysis expertise.
- Proficient at shell scripting and cron file management.
- Author and provide technical presentations
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment