Founded in 1983 and welcomed to the Harris family in 2004, Cayenta business unit is the North American leader in technology for medium to large utility clients. We provide innovative end-to-end CIS and ERP solutions that were engineered from the ground up to be agile and seamless, ensuring that our clients have a platform for operational success.
The division is seeking a SQL Server DBA who will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and performance of databases, to ensure the availability and optimal performance. This includes implementing a failsafe backup strategy, maintaining existing replication and coming up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
Hired candidate will also be working with other members of the support and development groups to identify and resolve problems.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based Customer Support department.
Primary responsibilities include:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Set up and monitor Disaster Recovery -DR- sites.
- Manage and troubleshoot API and integrations to business software.
- Refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and test new versions of the database
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to all Privacy laws
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up, cloning and recovery plans
- Work closely with IT and development staff
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Production support, problem diagnosis, problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently, are flexible, self-motivated and a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- University/College education or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- Minimum 3+ years as a SQL Server Database Administrator including performance troubleshooting and improvement.
- Understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with data modeling, proven experience with MS SQL Server 2017 including T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, DB maintenance
- Strong ability to assist with the design and implementation of changes to both development and production environments
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- General knowledge about payroll/ inventory / GL etc
- Basic Oracle database administration limited to standalone instance
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment