Cogsdale has been developing solutions for local governments and utilities to address the complex and changing needs of their operations since 1997. With more than 300 clients worldwide, Cogsdale focuses on public/private utilities and local government. We provide fully integrated solutions by leveraging the knowledge of our customers with the strength of the Microsoft Dynamics GP platform. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Cogsdale enhances the core Microsoft Dynamics offerings to provide a full range of functional solutions including Financial Management, Asset Management, People Management, Work Management and Customer Management. Harris Computer Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a CIS Consultant within the Client Services group, you will be primarily working on projects for Cogsdale's existing clients. After a client goes live with our solution, they often engage us for additional services such as assistance with system upgrades, business process reviews, additional training, custom development, custom reports, implementing new features or modules, etc. Since the scope can vary quite a bit from project to project diverse, the CIS Consultant must have a good understanding of the utility industry and the Cogsdale CSM solution. The expectation is that the CIS Consultant will successfully lead projects to completion within budget and timeline.
The chosen individuals will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based Client & PS department.
Primary responsibilities include:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Discovery sessions to identify and document client requirements for new modules or products they would like to implement
- Lead training sessions; training scope could include new software features, refresher training, new product training, etc.
- Assist with requirements gathering, development and testing of custom reports, data fixes or data imports (Crystal, SSRS, SQL, SmartLists)
- Assist clients with developing test plans, test execution, triaging and troubleshooting issues.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure a strict adherence to our methodology and ensure that we hit our key milestones
- Communicate effectively with management.
- Develop good working relationships with departmental staff in order to troubleshoot technical and functional issues that may arise during the implementation process.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of programming or complex SQL scripting experience, SSRS, Crystal Reports.
- Experience with Utility Industry/Billing systems, or similar software packages. Ability to learn how to set up and test different modules within our Billing Software.
- Ability to comfortably deliver training or conduct meetings in front of a group of people
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical thinking to resolve issues.
- Positive, proactive, take charge attitude and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines for multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge of product, interpret requirements, and recommend solutions.
- Availability between 9 am 5 pm AST; work schedule may be adjusted with Manager's approval on an as needed basis
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Understanding of mapping applications, ArcGIS, Google/Bing Maps
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment