DIS Corporation, the leading supplier of Business Systems for they heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies.
Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable. They use the following set of technologies: Java, SpringBoot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, VueJS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, they primarily use PostgreSQL server.
DIS is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies – publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CSU.
Client Web based applications –
- Business Management / Online Reporting – a web-based application that allows Client customers to login into a web portal to manage certain departments and run online reports.
- MyPortal – a web-based application that allows a dealerships customer to login to see information as it relates to their account (outstanding invoices, owned equipment, work order history, and open help desk tickets).
These web-based applications have been designed to be "Mobile First” to allow users to access it from their phones, tablets and computers. The goal is to continue the enhancements of these applications to meet the future needs of our customers. The Position:
- Develop new features and maintain existing components based on specifications provided by Product Management.
- Create and integrate unit tests for regression testing to support moving the product towards full regression automation.
- Make suggestions, refactor and improve the maintainability of the codebase.
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Perform code reviews on other team members code (code reviews are performed on all commits).
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and stand-up meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
The selected individuals will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Minimum: Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience developing and maintaining web applications
- 4+ years of experience with HTML, HTML 5, CSS / CSS3 and CSS compiler knowledge (e.g Sass, LESS)
- 2+ years of experience with Vue JS/AngularJS
- 2+ years of experience with JSON
- 2+ years of experience with integrating with REST based APIs
- 2+ years of experience with Jest or similar testing framework
- 2+ years of experience with git
- Passion for developing Responsive UIs that have exceptional user experiences
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience with VueJS
- Experience with Java
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with relational databases
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment