Excelergy, a part of the Harris Group of companies (a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc.), is a world leader in high performance software solutions that optimize the customer care and billing processes in competitive retail energy markets. Our flagship product, Excelergy RevenueManager, is proven world-wide and supports multiple commodities through the entire customer lifecycle from prospecting, to customer acquisition, customer service and billing in residential, commercial and industrial markets.
We are looking for a strong Sr. SQA Analyst to join a team that builds and supports an enterprise billing solution based on C++/C# .NET utilized by clients around the world. The group is focused on quality and customer satisfaction so anyone joining the team must carry this same focus. The candidate must have a minimum 5 years of experience in software quality assurance with at least 2 years of automation experience using QTP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of Automation experience with QTP.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in Quality Engineering.
- Strong analytical focus with the ability to identify source of problem by looking at logs, XML data files, database entries, etc., to identify the root cause.
- Expertise in developing test plans and defining/creating test cases.
- Expertise in ensuring traceability and completeness of test cases to original requirements and use cases.
- Experience in various phases of end-to-end quality assurance including functional testing, usability testing, regression testing, and automation testing
- Experience in understanding business requirements and how to transform them into reusable test cases
- Must be able to write and execute SQL queries to verify data in Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience utilizing defect tracking tools and configuration management systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate with different business units and clients appropriately
- Exceptional focus on detail with respect to documentation and communication
- Strong positive attitude and ability to stay calm when faced with deadlines and stress
- Domain experience / familiarity with utility industry or billing is a plus
- Ability and willingness to independently learn new technologies
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Aid support in replicating customer issues and recommending solutions or more information required as needed.
- Developing test plans and detailed functional and usability test cases.
- Developing and maintaining a repository of regression test cases.
- Championing and leading initiatives to automate testing and reduce test cycles and overall time to market.
- Developing and maintaining a repository of performance /stress test cases as per the need.
- Taking the lead in the requirements and design phase to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Planning and prioritizing test efforts and resolution of defects based on tradeoff between severity of defect and change impact to committed release and delivery dates.
- Reporting test results to management team proactively.
- Tracking defects and verifying resolution.
- Working as part of a team which includes in-house software engineers and in-house QA engineers on the day-to-day execution of quality assurance efforts to meet committed delivery dates.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment