Excelergy, part of the Harris Group of companies, is a world leader in high performance software solutions that optimize the customer care and billing processes in competitive retail energy markets. Our flagship product, Excelergy RevenueManager, is proven world-wide and supports multiple commodities through the entire customer lifecycle from prospecting, to customer acquisition, customer service and billing in residential, commercial and industrial markets.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer, to work out of the Contour Software Islamabad/Lahore/Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department who will be responsible for:
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Aid QA/support in replicating customer issues and recommending solutions or more information required as needed.
- Debugging issues through all our technology layers to determine correct source of problem.
- Read existing code and translate into user terms about what the system is doing.
- Implement new features making appropriate changes to all technology layers of the system.
- Recognize shortcomings of designs and approaches by anticipating downstream effects.
- Taking the lead in the requirements and design phase to ensure system integrity of the planned features/changes.
- Offer phased or simplified approaches to better meet the client needs in a timely fashion.
- Reporting progress and issues to management team proactively.
- Create proper documentation for changes.
- Ensure no lost code or adverse interactions when merging code developed in one branch to another.
- Working as part of a team which includes in-house software engineers and in-house QA engineers on the day-to-day execution of all duties to meet committed delivery dates.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of the following:
- C++, C# .Net, WinForms.
- Oracle/SQL Server exposure.
- Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server.
- Strong analytical focus with the ability to identify source of problem by looking at logs, code, database entries, etc., to identify the root cause.
- Experience with an enterprise level application.
- Expertise in developing documentation for proposed changes.
- Expertise in ensuring completeness of code by executing test cases prior to check-in.
- Must be able to write and execute SQL queries to verify data in Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience utilizing defect tracking tools and configuration management systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate with different business units and clients appropriately.
- Exceptional focus on detail with respect to documentation and communication.
- Strong positive attitude and ability to stay calm when faced with deadlines and stress.
- Domain experience / familiarity with utility industry or billing is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to independently learn new technologies.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment