|The Company: |
Contour Software, a 650-employee organization with offices in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad, has grown from a 13-employee business unit in less than 10 years. As a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., we are proud to be part of a global enterprise software conglomerate that has grown to become the largest Canadian software company, with employees and customers in 100+ countries. With a broad-based and ever-growing portfolio of market-leading, vertical-market enterprise solutions covering more than 90 industry domains in predominantly mature markets, CSI's recipe creates the perfect environment for software industry professionals to build fulfilling, long-term careers.
What started as a development Centre, has progressed into an offshore employee Centre serving R&D, IT, CS, PS and Finance departments at the divisional as well as operating group level. With mature yet growing service lines, as well as some post-pilot stage services, and the global growth of Constellation as the wind in our sails, we are only just getting started!
Contour Software is looking to hire IT Helpdesk Representative for our Lahore Office. The candidate will be assisting the existing IT/Network Operations team to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
Job Qualification & Specifications
- Serving as the first point of contact for end-user support of computer systems/network on a routine basis via IT Helpdesk.
- Assists the Network team in designing and configuring the company's local, wired and wireless, and voice systems.
- Manages the daily activities of local network systems and perform diagnostics.
- Responsible for installation, administration, and testing of operating systems, software, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment under the guidance of the Team Lead in accordance with published standards.
- Assists the Network team in developing, monitoring, and implementing network security procedures for safeguarding all networking systems.
- Maintains records of work completed and in-progress; and updates network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc.
- Manages network management programs and assists the Team Lead in preparing network status reports.
- You must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in an environment with critical uptime requirements.
The below certifications/trainings are highly desirable in addition to the above requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science/IT or equivalent and at least 1 year of experience in the Computer Systems/Network field.
- CCNA certification in either Routing & Switching or security.
- Microsoft Certified Professional in Server Infrastructure.
- Must have knowledge of the following:
- Networking protocols, and standards
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, WDS
- Windows Operating Systems
- Network cabling standards and able to make network cables when required
- VPN and VPN tunnels
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Keen interest in Computer hardware, operating system and networks.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
Nice to Have
Required Shift 8:00 pm to 05:00 am
- Knowledge and experience with Linux servers
- Knowledge and experience with Firewalls.