Corporate IT (CIT), a department of Perseus operating group, manages large IT projects, security, governance, quality, vendor and contract management, user support and global processes for all Perseus companies. Perseus, an operating group of Constellation Software Inc., acquires, manages, and builds software businesses which provide specialized, mission-critical software solutions. Perseus companies seek to become leaders in their markets by improving their operations, growing through organic initiatives, and seeking acquisitions that can strengthen their market position.
The division is seeking a System Integration Administrator to join our Corporate IT staff spread across primarily North America , and manage our geographically-dispersed development teams. CSI is a well-capitalized, publicly traded Canadian software company that specializes in vertical market software (www.csisoftware.com) and is publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX symbol is CSU). Our companies are leading developers of technology solutions for vertical markets globally. Our unique structure offers the benefits of working in a medium sized operating group while enjoying the support and opportunity of being part of a large company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Responsible for installing, configurating, and maintaining the reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization while adhering to network and system security standards.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Experience with email migration process and third-party tools like BitTitan.
- In-depth knowledge of both on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure, email, unified messaging.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to understand and communicate complex information to multiple audience.
- Analyze and isolate hardware and software issues/errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Monitor networks to ensure security, stability and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security while ensuring network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Assist Network Engineering with designing and deploying networks.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Assist with maintaining network facilities
- Available as a Tier 2 Escalation path for the Service Desk for the following; Servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of systems administration, network administration or database administration. experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, Linux, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of Cloud virtualization technologies including but not limited to Azure, AWS, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Knowledge of Intune, Azure Active Directory, On-Prem AD, SSO, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, RDG, Client and other Windows based Domain Management tools and Services
- Excellent English communication skills are essential. Must be able to give and receive correct information, explain difficult information in layman's terms and maintain a customer service attitude to all levels of users.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Ability to work 16:00-24:00 PKT time zone
- Available to work a swing shift to perform maintenance during after hours in North America
- Exceptional documentation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve complicated technical issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Available to provide 24x7 on-call availability on a rotating basis
- Ability to work within a diverse geographically-distributed team
- Willing to adjust work schedule to accommodate business needs
- Ability to adapt to different cultures with varying degrees of physical living standards, accommodations, and environments
- Able to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods and fully utilize the PC monitor, keyboard, mouse, and required programs.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment