DIS Corporation, the leading supplier of Business Systems for they heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies.
Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable. They use the following set of technologies: Java, SpringBoot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, VueJS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, they primarily use PostgreSQL server.
DIS is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies – publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CSU.
Mobile Service Logistics enables technicians to view their daily jobs, update jobs, view real-time inventory and service history as it relates to the equipment that they are currently working on. The back office can dispatch live work orders to technicians tablets throughout the day and get notified when their work is complete.
We are looking for an iOS developer who will Work as part of its team will be responsible for the development and maintenance of its mobile iOS application. Develop new features with its framework and Apple development standards. Will spend time creating new objects and unit scripts to test them. Works with the development lead to resolve customer relates issues. Comfortable using agile principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new features and maintain existing components in its mobile product based on specifications provided by Product Management.
- Create and integrate unit tests for regression testing to support moving the product towards full regression automation.
- Develop new features and components that conform to existing architecture and Apple development standards.
- Make suggestions on how to improve its existing codebase.
- Perform code reviews on other team members code (code reviews are performed on all commits).
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and stand-up meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
The selected individuals will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Minimum Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced mobile developer with strong knowledge of Objective C
- 5 to 10 years in Application Development on iOS
- 5 to 10 years of experience with XCode
- 5+ years of experience with JSON
- 2+ years of experience with git
- Strong knowledge of REST API
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- 5+ years experience with Objective C
- Experience with offline support for mobile applications and syncing data
- Some JAVA experiences
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment