SmartWorks is a division of N. Harris Computer Corporation. For over a decade, SmartWorks has been providing best-in-class meter data management and analytics solutions to more than 300 utilities throughout North America and the Caribbean.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer -Team Lead, who will be responsible for:
- Conducting code reviews for all code the product's development team delivers to QA.
- Accountable for documenting all system & implementation requirements the software has.
- Hands-on code development for highly responsive and resilient solutions.
- Caring deeply about user experiences, implementations, and the ongoing operational success that turns a product that customers need into a product they want for life.
- Distributing work for high velocity and quality deliverables, overseeing and mentoring of 2 offshore developers.
- Investigating customer tickets promptly where investigations were unresolvable by first-line support; working closely with customers verbally and in writing to resolve their reported issues.
- Ability to manage work items in tight deadlines and within a fixed R&D release schedule.
- Diligence and attention to detail in the team's record-keeping within corporate systems.
- Participate in product evolution strategies.
- Doing whatever it takes to make the product or service useful, exciting, and successful.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience of developing enterprise applications using Java and JSP.
- Experience as a full stack developer with knowledge of OOP design patterns and their implementation.
- Experience writing SQL and stored procedures using PL/SQL (Oracle) and PL/pgSQL (PostgreSQL).
- Relational database design principles.
- Experience of creating and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience of using GIT as the source control.
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Get it done' mentality with a love for creative problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Prior experience of working in team lead capacity.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Machine Learning.
- Python development experience.
- Data Science.
- Expertise in application security.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment