We are seeking a qualified Staff Accountant. This is an important supportive role, keeping our company financial outlook bright with precision and proactive measures. The successful candidate will be able to accurately maintain a general ledger, collect pertinent information for audits, and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial transactions within an organization. The Staff Accountant will have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. This individual is efficient, resourceful, and has the ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
The Staff Accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with month end close processes, assisting with audits, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, and generating reports. The staff accountant will assist the finance manager as needed and respond to information requests by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities and other duties may be assigned.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analysis, and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Processing and maintaining documentation for accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Billing and collection tasks.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Verify account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from account managers, account representatives, vendors, and customers.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business economics, or finance required. 2+ years of accounting experience. Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures. Working knowledge of GAAP/IFRS. Strong numeracy and analytical skills. Good problem-solving and time management skills. Highly organized and detail-oriented. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Language Skills
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business processes, technical procedures, or county and state regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, vendors, colleagues, and the general public. Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Database software; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Outlook Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software. Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment