DIS Corporation, the leading supplier of Business Systems for they heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies.
Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable. They use the following set of technologies: Java, SpringBoot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, VueJS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, they primarily use PostgreSQL server.
DIS is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies – publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CSU.
The division is looking for 2 Senior/Intermediate Software Developers to work as part of its team to be responsible for the maintenance and support of the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with other team members to understand, identify and fix product bugs.
- Provide high level technical support to other team members and customers.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Make suggestions, refactor and improve the maintainability of the codebase.
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Perform code reviews on other team members code.
- Maintain effective communication with the software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and stand-up meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
The selected individuals will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Minimum Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining web applications
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases
- 2+ years of experience with testing a web applications and enterprise software through manual and automated techniques
- 2+ years of experience with JSON, XML, XSD, and XSL
- 2+ years of experience with developing and maintaining REST based APIs
- 2+ years of experience with git
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks:
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Angular
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment